When the bedding has been freshly laundered, it’s time for a visit from the lavender fairy. With a delicious smelling night time blend of essential oils, Lavender Fairy Pillow Spray is a special way of tucking your kiddos in tight with special memories involving their sense of smell.
A Visit From the Lavender Fairy
You have heard of the tooth fairy right? Well, why not the lavender fairy? Ever since our children were young, the lavender fairy has made her way to each bedroom after the bedding has been freshly laundered, lovingly misting each pillow. There is nothing like clean sheets, bathed babies, and the warm, loved smile of a child tucked in tight.
Eighteen years later, my son still remarks on how lavender is the smell of home to him. I loved making their beds when they were young, and spraying their pillows when they weren’t looking. They would snuggle in at night and smile saying, “the lavender fairy came.” Those are the memories I want them to leave home with. As a mother, I want to surround their lives with as many things involving all the senses as possible, so they have associations with home that remind them of their happy childhood. Hopefully, when they have children of their own, they will carry on the traditions of their childhood, and bring the lavender fairy into their home.
Lavender Fairy Pillow Spray Ingredients
- 8 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 24 drops lavender essential oil
- 16 drops bergamot essential oil
- 1 tsp vodka ( I use Prairie Organic Spirits)
- distilled water
- 4 oz amber colored spray bottle
Lavender Fairy Pillow Spray Instructions
- Put the vodka and essential oils into the glass spray bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water until almost full. Make sure and leave some room for the spray top. Shake well to combine.
- When the sheets and pillowcases have been freshly laundered, the lavender fairy comes to lightly mist the children’s bedding to tuck them in tight and surround them with love.
- Be sure to shake the bottle well before each use.