When the world begins to wake up from its winter slumber, it is time to make plans, with 30 ways to enJOY the Springtime with family.
Spring means white fairy lights, moss, and bunnies. It’s a time of decluttering and restarting. Decorate with a punch of yellow to bring in the sunshine. Springtime with family means gearing up for a hike to watch the world wake up. Coloring Easter eggs to hide, blowing bubbles, planting seeds, and picking warm strawberries for strawberry shortcake, make this time of year a time of sweet anticipation. Whatever the activity, Springtime with family means connecting and enJOYing new life together.
30 Ways to EnJOY Springtime with Family
- Plan a garden and plant seeds (even if it is in just a few pots on the patio).
- Purchase chicks and raise chickens. Selling the eggs is a great way to teach children about entrepreneurship.
- Celebrate the Jewish tradition of Passover by hosting or participating in a Seder. The Jews understood the importance of passing on traditions to the next generation because traditions remind us of God’s faithfulness as well as give each generation a foundation for who they are, what they believe, and why.
- Find some arts and crafts projects you can do involving nature.
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by learning about this amazing saint and how he brought the gospel to Ireland. Put on a play, hunt for Shamrocks, learn Irish step dancing, listen to Irish music, go on a treasure hunt and end with a pot of gold (money or chocolate gold coins), enjoy an Irish feast with lots of green foods, and don’t forget to wear something green so you don’t get pinched. Learning about other cultures paints a larger picture for your children that they are a part of something bigger than themselves.
- Go to a museum.
- Take a walk in the park.
- Explore a state park in your area.
- Enjoy a visit from the lavender fairy. After laundering the bedding, spray the pillows with a special bedtime essential oil blend, like Lavender Fairy Pillow Spray. It’s a special way to tuck your kiddos in tight with special memories involving their sense of smell.
- Have a tea party with scones and lemon curd. Dress up and wear fun hats and listen to classical music- pinkies up!
- Do a family spring cleaning and declutter your life. Donate items to a local charity. Surround yourself with only the things that you love and spark joy.
- Go on a cozy hike and watch the world wake up.
- Go foraging for spring morel mushrooms or ramps and learn about what is edible all around you. Make sure you learn from an expert
- As a family, volunteer to pick up trash along the sides of the road as a service to your community.
- Fly a kite.
- Plant bird house gourds, dry them in the summer, and make bird houses for them in the fall.
- Decorate Eggs, have an egg hunt, egg toss, or egg relays for an Easter Celebration.
- Write a poem or book about your family and illustrate it. We did this using a story from our life and used Eric Carle as an inspiration for our art medium.
- Go to a matinee and then out to lunch or ice cream afterwards.
- Put fresh light cotton or linen sheets on the bed.
- Lighten up the home with lighter curtains or sheers and new throw pillows that add a fresh new look.
- Add a fresh pop of color to the décor that travels throughout the house and adds flow by pulling all the rooms together. It might be through a throw pillow, picture frame, candle, salad bowl, hand towel, or a new wall hanging.
- Bring the outside, in. Add a variety of natural textures to your living space including wood, moss, stone, and plants.
- Start a succulent garden
- Spring is a time of cleansing. Eat lighter foods such as cleansing greens, and thin broths.
- Let the house breathe by opening the windows and airing out mattresses and rugs. Do a thorough spring cleaning, and let your home feel loved on.
- Give all your leather and wood a fresh pick-me-up with a beeswax leather and wood polish.
- Send a love letter.
- Find a great deal at a flea market or garage sale.